Their legendary rivalry ended when they left Europe, with Ronaldo now playing in the Saudi Pro League and Messi showcasing his skills in Major League Soccer.
However, the good news for supporters is the duo could meet each other in China.
According to Al-Bilad Daily journalist Ali Alabdallh, an international marketing company is looking to hold a friendly between Al-Nassr and Inter Miami.
The last time the two stars met on the field was in a friendly between Saudi Pro League All-Stars and Paris Saint-Germain in January.
The match saw Ronaldo netting a brace and Messi also scoring, but PSG prevailed by a 5-4 scoreline.
Ronaldo has now reached the age of 38, but he is still playing excellent football.
In eight appearances this season, the former Manchester United striker has scored nine goals and registered five assists.
Messi is also in top form for Miami at the age of 36.
The Argentine is injured at the moment, but he has made a huge impact for the Herons since joining the club as a free agent this summer.
The former Barcelona star has netted 11 goals and provided five assists in 12 appearances across all competitions.
- Pep Guardiola denies City are reliant on Rodri but the stats disagree
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag scoops Premier League MOTM award
- This Week In Football: Last-minute UWNL drama, Santos relegated & more
- Morning Mix: Arsenal face acid test at Villa, Chelsea boss has no excuses
- Arsenal or Liverpool: Who is better placed to beat Man City to the title?
- Copa America 2024 draw: Argentina to face Chile, Brazil and USMNT discover their groups
- Four reasons PSV Eindhoven are overtaking Ajax on and off the pitch
- Matip out for the rest of the season – what do Liverpool do now?
- How has extra added time changed Premier League results?