However, Calciomercato reports that financial constraints mean that the Serie A giants can only pull off the transfer if certain conditions are met.
Tottenham will not stand in the way of Hojbjerg’s potential exit, with the midfielder strongly considering a move in the January transfer window.
The Denmark international had previously expressed a desire to fight for his place in Ange Postecoglou’s squad and remains committed to the cause at Spurs.
However, a January exit could be on the cards if there is no significant improvement in his playing time before the winter market arrives, considering he has only amassed 78 minutes of Premier League football thus far.
Tottenham are likely to demand at least €30 million from prospective suitors in order to part ways with Hojbjerg, given the player’s contract runs until 2025.
Although Juventus view the Dane as the perfect replacement for Paul Pogba, Tottenham’s valuation could prove too much for the Serie A heavyweights to handle.
Pogba has been plagued with injury problems since he arrived at the Allianz Stadium last year and is currently battling allegations claiming he took testosterone-infused substances to improve his performance.
The player’s camp has vehemently denied foul play, but an investigation is ongoing, and the club could be forced to terminate his contract if his doping test is confirmed positive after a counter-analysis.
Terminating Pogba’s contract could free up some space on Juventus’ wage bill, but they will still need to sanction a handful of departures before matching Tottenham’s asking price.
The Italian giants are strongly considering launching a loan bid for Hojbjerg, with an option to make the transfer permanent in the summer likely to be inserted in a potential deal.
- The six best Premier League signings of the season so far
- Manchester City back on track after 2-1 victory over Luton Town
- Aston Villa 1-0 Arsenal: Bailey goal extends Villains’ unbeaten home run
- Pep Guardiola denies City are reliant on Rodri but the stats disagree
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag scoops Premier League MOTM award
- This Week In Football: Last-minute UWNL drama, Santos relegated & more
- Morning Mix: Arsenal face acid test at Villa, Chelsea boss has no excuses
- Arsenal or Liverpool: Who is better placed to beat Man City to the title?
- Copa America 2024 draw: Argentina to face Chile, Brazil and USMNT discover their groups