Victor Osimhen could take legal action against Napoli after being subject to mockery by the Italian giants, claims his agent Roberto Calenda.
The Nigerian striker had an eventful night during the Serie A clash against Bologna over the weekend, which ended in a goalless draw.
Prior to his bust-up with manager Rudi Garcia on the touchline for being substituted, Osimhen missed a penalty.
A video had emerged under the Partenopei’s TikTok account, ridiculing Osimhen’s animated penalty claim and the missed opportunity, before the clip was deleted later.
Osimhen’s agent has condemned Napoli’s antics as unacceptable, stating that the incident has left the striker completely disappointed.
“What happened today on Napoli’s official profile on the TikTok platform is not acceptable,” said Calenda (h/t Fabrizio Romano).
“A video mocking Victor was first made public and then, but now belatedly, deleted.
“A serious fact that causes very serious damage to the player and adds to the treatment that the boy is suffering in the last period between media trials and fake news.
“We reserve the right to take legal action and any useful initiative to protect Victor.”
It will be interesting to see how the situation evolves and the response from the Serie A champions.
The 24-year-old reportedly apologised to Garcia after losing his cool with the Frenchman.
Osimhen finished as Serie A’s top scorer last season – form which saw him linked with European heavyweights this summer.
However, the Partenopei insisted he was not for sale, proposing a new lucrative deal to the former Lille star.
But the Nigerian hasn’t responded yet to the offer, and it remains to be seen whether the latest episode will impact his decision.
- Pep Guardiola denies City are reliant on Rodri but the stats disagree
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag scoops Premier League MOTM award
- This Week In Football: Last-minute UWNL drama, Santos relegated & more
- Morning Mix: Arsenal face acid test at Villa, Chelsea boss has no excuses
- Arsenal or Liverpool: Who is better placed to beat Man City to the title?
- Copa America 2024 draw: Argentina to face Chile, Brazil and USMNT discover their groups
- Four reasons PSV Eindhoven are overtaking Ajax on and off the pitch
- Matip out for the rest of the season – what do Liverpool do now?
- How has extra added time changed Premier League results?