Top Premier League clubs spend heavily in the transfer market, and they are just as lavish when it comes to paying wages to their star players.
Kevin De Bruyne and Erling Braut Haaland top the salary charts in the English league, with the Manchester City duo earning around £400,000 per week.
As per The Athletic, the Norwegian striker earns more than his Belgian counterpart. But it appears they are on the same base rate, but bonuses take Haaland’s salary higher.
City’s arch-rivals Manchester United had the highest wage bill in 2021-22, and it is not surprising their stars are also among the biggest earners in the top flight.
Casemiro, who arrived at Old Trafford in 2022 in a £60 million plus add-ons deal, is their highest-paid player.
The Athletic claims the Brazilian’s pay packet is in a similar ballpark to David de Gea, who has now departed but was on £375,000 a week.
The Red Devils mutually terminated Cristiano Ronaldo’s contract in November 2022, or he would have easily trumped everyone with his £450,000 per week salary.
Mohamed Salah is the highest earner at Liverpool, with his current contract worth more than £350,000 per week. He negotiated new terms last year, ending speculation about his future at Anfield.
Chelsea’s highest-paid player is Raheem Sterling, who pocoverss of £300,000 per week at Stamford Bridge.
Bukayo Saka has made huge progress in the last few years at Arsenal, and the club have rewarded him well for his efforts. He is now their top salary earner on £290,000 a week.
Martin Odegaard, who penned a new long-term contract last week, is also among their top-tier earners.
Tottenham Hotspur saw the departure of Harry Kane from the Premier League this summer, leaving Heung-min Son at the top of the club’s salary charts on around £200,000 a week.
- The six best Premier League signings of the season so far
- Manchester City back on track after 2-1 victory over Luton Town
- Aston Villa 1-0 Arsenal: Bailey goal extends Villains’ unbeaten home run
- Pep Guardiola denies City are reliant on Rodri but the stats disagree
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag scoops Premier League MOTM award
- This Week In Football: Last-minute UWNL drama, Santos relegated & more
- Morning Mix: Arsenal face acid test at Villa, Chelsea boss has no excuses
- Arsenal or Liverpool: Who is better placed to beat Man City to the title?
- Copa America 2024 draw: Argentina to face Chile, Brazil and USMNT discover their groups