Vlahovic, who was absent from training alongside Moise Kean, trained personally but did not participate in today’s joint session with his teammates due to lower back pain.
Having kicked off the season on a high with four goals in six games, Vlahovic’s potential absence this weekend certainly comes as a big blow for Juventus.
Vlahovic endured an injury-plagued first full campaign in Turin last time out as he missed 11 league games while out of action, and the 23-year-old will be desperate to stay fit this time around.
He came off the bench for a 12-minute cameo in Juventus’ narrow 1-0 victory over Leece yesterday, which saw them immediately return to winning ways following a 4-2 defeat against Sassuolo.
Off the back of a summer window where his Juventus future hung in the balance on several occasions, Vlahovic looked to have turned his fortunes around in Turin and retains the trust of his head coach Max Allegri.
“I see him more serene – he is better physically,” Allegri said (via TuttoMercatoWeb.)
“Then the attackers are always better when they score goals – he managed it in the first two games.
“As I told you at the beginning of the preparation, I believe that Vlahovic, who was not well last year and still scored 10-12 goals, will score his goals.”
Juventus are establishing themselves as title contenders as they currently sit second in the standings, two points behind leaders Inter Milan, albeit having played a game more.
The Old Lady have not been crowned champions of Italy since 2020, and the absence of European football this season could benefit their pursuit of league success.
- Overrated & Underrated in 2023 – Aston Villa, Arsenal, Liverpool and more
- Bundesliga Weekly: All the action as Frankfurt humiliate Bayern, Leverkusen & Stuttgart draw
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic returns to AC Milan as advisor & RedBird partner
- Arsenal in 2023: Best Player, Best XI, Best Goal & More
- Liverpool keen to sign Maximilian Beier, £25m summer transfer likely
- Girona smash Barcelona to top La Liga: Can they win the league?
- The six best Premier League signings of the season so far
- Manchester City back on track after 2-1 victory over Luton Town
- Aston Villa 1-0 Arsenal: Bailey goal extends Villains’ unbeaten home run
- Pep Guardiola denies City are reliant on Rodri but the stats disagree