The Nigerian international striker was the hero in Naples a few months ago when he led them to their first Serie A title in 33 years.
He spearheaded them to the Scudetto with 26 goals, finishing as the top scorer in the league.
However, following a penalty miss last weekend, Napoli’s TikTok account posted a derisory video on their page mocking the striker’s miss.
Osimhen has since pulled down all the Napoli-related content on his page, and his agent took to Twitter to express his displeasure at the video.
Robert Calenda said: “What happened today on Napoli’s official profile on the TikTok platform is not acceptable.
“A video mocking Victor was first made public and then, but now belatedly, deleted.
“A serious fact that causes very serious damage to the player and adds to the treatment that the boy is suffering in the last period between media trials and fake news.
“We reserve the right to take legal action and any useful initiative to protect Victor.”
Osimhen may look to leave in January, and Chelsea have already shown interest in securing his services.
The Blues desperately need firepower, with Nicolas Jackson struggling in the Premier League. They have Osimhen on their radar and could move for him.
It will take a lot of money to pry the former Lille striker out of Napoli’s hands, but Chelsea are one of the few clubs with the funds to pull off a deal.
Chelsea manager Mauricio Pochettino is keen on adding another striker to his squad, and the club will be monitoring Osimhen’s fallout with Napoli.
- Bundesliga Weekly: Dortmund & Leverkusen share the spoils, Leipzig re-enter the title race
- Man United to ratify Sir Jim Ratcliffe stake purchase next week
- Newcastle’s top four hopes take huge hit with Nick Pope out for five months
- Stats prove Man City’s Rodri has been far better than Arsenal’s Declan Rice this season
- Manchester City’s title defence gets tougher as Arsenal and Liverpool soar
- Euro 2024 Power Rankings – Who are the early favourites in Germany?
- FA Cup third round draw: Arsenal face Liverpool, Tottenham host Burnley
- European Championship 2024 draw: England, Scotland, France & Germany discover group stage opponents
- Can Salah close the gap on Haaland in the Premier League Golden Boot race?
- Morning Mix: Kelleher must shine for Liverpool, time running out for Burnley manager