The draw for the fourth round of the Carabao Cup has been carried out with Manchester United, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal learning their opponents in the next round of the tournament.
The third round delivered plenty of talking points to chew on, with the biggest upset coming at Portman Road as newly promoted Championship side Ipswich Town knocked out Premier League club Wolverhampton Wanderers.
Gary O’Neil’s side had raced to a two-goal lead inside the opening 15 minutes, but their Championship counterparts refused to be beaten, securing a 3-2 comeback victory courtesy of goals from Omari Hutchinson, Freddie Ladapo and Jack Taylor.
Carabao Cup holders Man United kicked off their defence with a routine 3-0 win over Crystal Palace, but their next-door neighbours failed to emerge from the third round unscathed.
A second-half strike from Alexander Isak helped Newcastle United edge Manchester City at St James’ Park, while Chelsea picked up only their second win of the season with a 1-0 victory over Brighton & Hove Albion.
Arsenal and Liverpool also recorded victories, beating Brentford and Leicester City respectively to secure safe passage to the fourth round of the tournament.
The Carabao Cup fourth-round draw features four all-Premier League fixtures, and all games are scheduled to be played in the week commencing Monday, October 30.
Carabao Cup fourth-round draw
- Pep Guardiola denies City are reliant on Rodri but the stats disagree
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag scoops Premier League MOTM award
- This Week In Football: Last-minute UWNL drama, Santos relegated & more
- Morning Mix: Arsenal face acid test at Villa, Chelsea boss has no excuses
- Arsenal or Liverpool: Who is better placed to beat Man City to the title?
- Copa America 2024 draw: Argentina to face Chile, Brazil and USMNT discover their groups
- Four reasons PSV Eindhoven are overtaking Ajax on and off the pitch
- Matip out for the rest of the season – what do Liverpool do now?
- How has extra added time changed Premier League results?