The 19-year-old has been in inspired form for VfB Stuttgart’s reserve team this season, bagging six goals and an assist in nine league outings.
Paula joined Stuttgart’s youth set up on a free transfer in 2017, and his recent performances could earn the Germans a considerable profit shortly.
After linking up with the U17s in January 2020, Paula wasted no time adapting to the new age group, displaying his quality with an eye-catching return of four goals and five assists in 14 appearances.
His incredible performances caught the eye of the U19s, and it didn’t take long for him to earn recognition in the upper ranks, linking up with Nico Willig’s side just six months after joining the U17s.
Paula kept his foot on the gas, registering ten goals and six assists in 23 appearances for the U19s, helping Willig’s side to a fourth-place finish in the Bundesliga South/South-west league table.
He eventually earned a call-up to the reserves and has been in remarkable form, displaying his versatility with the forward capable of featuring in the number 10 role or on the left flank when required.
Brighton & Liverpool are among the top clubs across Europe already monitoring the youngster’s progress, and it won’t be long until the heavyweights come calling for his signature.
Liverpool have already done business with Stuttgart over the summer after snapping up 30-year-old defensive midfielder Wataru Endo and could return for Paula if the youngster keeps impressing.
Paula is also yet to make his competitive debut for Stuttgart, although that could change in the near future, considering the youngster has already made his mark on the first-team coaches.
He was one of the scorers in an 8-3 friendly demolition of Swiss club St Gallen earlier this month, netting Stuttgart’s sixth of the clash just seven minutes after being introduced in the 59th minute.
- Pep Guardiola denies City are reliant on Rodri but the stats disagree
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag scoops Premier League MOTM award
- This Week In Football: Last-minute UWNL drama, Santos relegated & more
- Morning Mix: Arsenal face acid test at Villa, Chelsea boss has no excuses
- Arsenal or Liverpool: Who is better placed to beat Man City to the title?
- Copa America 2024 draw: Argentina to face Chile, Brazil and USMNT discover their groups
- Four reasons PSV Eindhoven are overtaking Ajax on and off the pitch
- Matip out for the rest of the season – what do Liverpool do now?
- How has extra added time changed Premier League results?