Real Madrid attacking midfielder Arda Guler will face another spell on the sidelines after suffering an injury setback.
The 18-year-old, who recently returned from a lengthy absence, is expected to miss approximately three to four weeks of action due to an injury to his left rectus femoris muscle.
Guler was to rejoin first-team training this week following his absence from the squad for the first six games of the season.
Madrid, who secured his signature over arch-rivals Barcelona, are now hoping for a swift recovery as they look forward to seeing him back in action.
The Turkish prodigy quickly established himself as a first-team regular during the 2021/22 season. His exceptional talent captured the attention of football enthusiasts worldwide.
Although Guler narrowly missed clinching the Super Lig title with his team last season, he played a pivotal role in securing the Turkish Cup. He earned himself the Man of the Match accolade in the final for his showing.
Despite his youth, Guler wore the coveted number ten shirt for Fenerbahce, serving as the driving force in their forward line.
His impressive stats include six goals and seven assists in 35 competitive appearances.
Guler’s performances earned him a call-up to the Turkish national team, where he has since become a permanent fixture.
He continues to showcase his immense potential at the international level with four caps and a goal to his name.
Madrid are undoubtedly eager to have Guler back on the pitch as soon as possible. His return will add more firepower to their already formidable squad.
- Bundesliga Weekly: Dortmund & Leverkusen share the spoils, Leipzig re-enter the title race
- Man United to ratify Sir Jim Ratcliffe stake purchase next week
- Newcastle’s top four hopes take huge hit with Nick Pope out for five months
- Stats prove Man City’s Rodri has been far better than Arsenal’s Declan Rice this season
- Manchester City’s title defence gets tougher as Arsenal and Liverpool soar
- Euro 2024 Power Rankings – Who are the early favourites in Germany?
- FA Cup third round draw: Arsenal face Liverpool, Tottenham host Burnley
- European Championship 2024 draw: England, Scotland, France & Germany discover group stage opponents
- Can Salah close the gap on Haaland in the Premier League Golden Boot race?
- Morning Mix: Kelleher must shine for Liverpool, time running out for Burnley manager