Mikel Arteta has delivered a worrying update on the fitness of Bukayo Saka in his press conference on Tuesday.
Saka was seen limping towards the end of the game against Tottenham Hotspur on Sunday and was replaced by Emile Smith Rowe.
His injury issue wasn’t thought to be very serious, but Arteta has provided a concerning update about the winger.
The Gunners boss has revealed the England ace hasn’t been able to participate in the training session since and that he could miss the upcoming Premier League match at Bournemouth.
He said (as per the Evening Standard): “He was limping quite badly after the match [against Tottenham]. We had to get him off the field.
“He hasn’t been able to participate in the session. It’s a possibility (he could miss Bournemouth).”
Arteta also provided an update regarding Declan Rice, who didn’t come out for the second-half against Tottenham on Sunday due to a back issue.
The Spanish boss added: “He hasn’t trained yet. He could not carry on in the game. Hopefully, it’s not something big. We are confident. He is still uncomfortable and he had to leave the pitch, which is never a good sign. It’s still doubtful.”
Arsenal have already been dealing with several injury issues, with Thomas Partey, Leandro Trossard and Gabriel Martinelli all out of action.
Saka and Rice have also been sidelined with fitness issues. The 22-year-old winger has started all six league matches for the Gunners this season.
He has registered three goals and two assists to help his side remain unbeaten in the Premier League.
Rice has also been a key figure, with the former West Ham United man starting all six matches.
Losing two of their main players for the Bournemouth match is a blow for Arsenal who cannot afford to lose points in the title race with Manchester City.
- Pep Guardiola denies City are reliant on Rodri but the stats disagree
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag scoops Premier League MOTM award
- This Week In Football: Last-minute UWNL drama, Santos relegated & more
- Morning Mix: Arsenal face acid test at Villa, Chelsea boss has no excuses
- Arsenal or Liverpool: Who is better placed to beat Man City to the title?
- Copa America 2024 draw: Argentina to face Chile, Brazil and USMNT discover their groups
- Four reasons PSV Eindhoven are overtaking Ajax on and off the pitch
- Matip out for the rest of the season – what do Liverpool do now?
- How has extra added time changed Premier League results?