Sassuolo winger Armand Lauriente has become one of the most sought-after prospects in European football over the past year.
The 24-year-old’s agent, Roberto Meloni, has opened up on several proposals his client received during the summer transfer window including two from the Premier League.
In addition to several futile attempts from Saudi Pro League clubs to lure the Frenchman to the Middle East, Tottenham Hotspur and West Ham United wanted to take him away from the Mapei Stadium.
However, Sassuolo had no interest in selling their rising star after previously relinquishing the services of Giacomo Raspadori and Gianluca Scamacca.
“There was an interest from Tottenham,” Meloni said, as relayed by TuttoMercatoWeb.
“In the Premier League, there was also an attempt by West Ham, but he wanted to get to the next level, preferring a second season at Sassuolo to establish himself.”
Helped by Wojciech Szczesny’s blunder, Lauriente broke the deadlock in Sassuolo’s stunning 4-2 home win over Juventus last weekend.
As confirmed by his entourage, the record-time Italian champions could rival Tottenham and West Ham for the forward’s signature next summer.
Juventus chief Cristiano Giuntoli appears to be a big-time admirer of Lauriente’s qualities, as he monitored his development during his tenure at Napoli.
Giuntoli left the Diego Maradona Stadium to take charge of the Bianconeri this summer, and it looks like his admiration for the Sassuolo starlet hasn’t dwindled.
“I know that Giuntoli likes the player and has been following him since his time at Napoli,” Meloni said.
“The season is still long, and the transfer windows are still far ahead.”
Lauriente’s contract at Sassuolo runs until 2027, which puts the Emilia-Romagna outfit in a strong bargaining position ahead of the upcoming transfer windows.
- Overrated & Underrated in 2023 – Aston Villa, Arsenal, Liverpool and more
- Bundesliga Weekly: All the action as Frankfurt humiliate Bayern, Leverkusen & Stuttgart draw
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic returns to AC Milan as advisor & RedBird partner
- Arsenal in 2023: Best Player, Best XI, Best Goal & More
- Liverpool keen to sign Maximilian Beier, £25m summer transfer likely
- Girona smash Barcelona to top La Liga: Can they win the league?
- The six best Premier League signings of the season so far
- Manchester City back on track after 2-1 victory over Luton Town
- Aston Villa 1-0 Arsenal: Bailey goal extends Villains’ unbeaten home run
- Pep Guardiola denies City are reliant on Rodri but the stats disagree