Liverpool have confirmed that Kostas Tsimikas has signed a new long-term contract at Anfield.
The 27-year-old’s previous deal was set to expire in 2025 but he has now agreed fresh terms with the Reds.
He told Liverpoolfc.com: “I feel very glad to be here to extend my contract. I feel like all the sacrifices I did and other things, the work I put in, everything pays off.
“But this keeps me fully motivated for the rest. As I’ve said in many, many interviews, this team has many, many things to achieve all together and I wanted to be from the first minute a part of it.”
Tsimikas joined Liverpool from Olympiacos for a reported £11.75 million fee in 2020.
He has made 63 appearances across all competitions for the Merseyside outfit.
One of his most memorable moments came in the FA Cup final against Chelsea in 2022, when he converted the decisive penalty to confirm his team’s success.
Tsimikas also played an important role for Jurgen Klopp’s side last season as he featured in 28 matches, including 20 in the Premier League.
The Greece international has been serving as a deputy to Andy Robertson at left-back.
His future at Anfield remained a subject of speculation throughout the summer due to his lack of game time.
However, he has committed his future to the club by signing a new long-term contract.
The left-back has made only one substitute appearance in the Premier League this season but started in the Reds’ 3-1 Europa League victory over LASK.
With Robertson fully fit at the moment, Tsimikas is unlikely to get much game time.
He will likely have to settle for minutes in the Europa League and domestic cup competitions.
- Morning Mix: Kelleher must shine for Liverpool, time running out for Burnley manager
- This Week In Football: Dortmund conquer the group of death, Tigres lift sixth title in six years & more
- Big update on ‘excellent’ Arsenal star, agreement ‘expected’ in due course
- Top 10 football predictions for 2024
- Preview: Manchester City vs Tottenham Hotspur – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Newcastle United vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Maguire & Sterling nominated for November Premier League POTM award
- Ten Hag, Howe, Iraola, Edwards up for Premier League MOTM award
- Man City FFP trial scheduled for late next year
- Three positives from Manchester United’s disappointing 3-3 draw against Galatasaray