Atletico Madrid host Los Blancos at the Civitas Metropolitan Stadium, looking for only their second victory over their capital rivals in their last 14 meetings.
Bellingham’s potential absence will come as a boost to Diego Simeone’s side, who have endured a shaky start to the 2023/24 La Liga season.
The 20-year-old was the match-winner for Los Blancos in Wednesday night’s 1-0 victory over Union Berlin, slotting home in the 94th minute to hand his side a winning start to their Champions League campaign.
Since completing his €133 million move to Santiago Bernabeu this summer, Bellingham has taken the Spanish top flight by storm, bagging five goals and an assist in five appearances.
His electrifying start to the season stretched into the Champions League as his late strike helped Madrid maintain their perfect start to the season.
Bellingham has unquestionably been central to Madrid’s style of play this season, helping Los Blancos deal with the blow of losing the influential Karim Benzema.
The news of his potential absence from the Madrid derby will come as a major blow to Carlo Ancelotti and the Spanish heavyweights.
The England international reportedly withdrew from team training due to stomach problems just two days before the mouth-watering encounter against Atletico.
However, the 14-time European champions have been offered a glimmer of hope, with the club’s medical experts optimistic that Bellingham would return to training ahead of Sunday’s fixture.
Spanish right-back Carvajal is also a doubt for the box office encounter, having missed the Champions League fixture against Berlin due to injury.
Madrid will be eager to maintain their perfect start to the season when they face Atletico after picking up maximum points from each of their five league games thus far.
Ancelotti’s side have scored ten goals and also boasts the league’s best defensive record after shipping in just three goals this term.
- Bundesliga Weekly: Dortmund & Leverkusen share the spoils, Leipzig re-enter the title race
- Man United to ratify Sir Jim Ratcliffe stake purchase next week
- Newcastle’s top four hopes take huge hit with Nick Pope out for five months
- Stats prove Man City’s Rodri has been far better than Arsenal’s Declan Rice this season
- Manchester City’s title defence gets tougher as Arsenal and Liverpool soar
- Euro 2024 Power Rankings – Who are the early favourites in Germany?
- FA Cup third round draw: Arsenal face Liverpool, Tottenham host Burnley
- European Championship 2024 draw: England, Scotland, France & Germany discover group stage opponents
- Can Salah close the gap on Haaland in the Premier League Golden Boot race?
- Morning Mix: Kelleher must shine for Liverpool, time running out for Burnley manager