The Hammers are gearing up to trade tackles with Serbian top-flight league leaders FK TSC Backa Topola in Thursday night’s Group E opening fixture.
Having secured the Europa Conference League title last term, the Hammers are set to challenge for glory on the continental stage once again this season.
West Ham are looking to build on last season’s success, and Moyes feels his side have what it takes to go all the way in Europe’s second-tier tournament.
The Scottish manager is optimistic about his side’s chances of reaching the latter stages, considering their start to the Premier League campaign.
“We’re off to a great start – we’ve got a squad that’s fully fit,” Moyes told Sky Sports.
“All the players are looking to go – I want to keep them all challenging each other, pushing each other for the positions.
“I think it’ll be a great opportunity for a few of the players to show exactly what they can do, and we’re going to try and compete again and go for it again if we can.
“We want to be in Europe again. To be in a semi-final and a final two years in a row is a big thing in Europe, and I’m going to try and attempt to do it again if we can.”
West Ham suffered their first defeat of the 2023/24 campaign at home to Premier League title holders Manchester City.
Goals from Jeremy Doku, Bernardo Silva and Erling Braut Haaland turned the tie on its head after James Ward-Prowse had given the Hammers a first-half lead.
Despite last weekend’s defeat, West Ham have enjoyed a fine start to the season, picking up ten points from their opening five games and sit sixth in the Premier League.
Moyes will hope his side can return to winning ways on Thursday night and build their confidence ahead of next weekend’s trip to Liverpool.
- Morning Mix: Kelleher must shine for Liverpool, time running out for Burnley manager
- This Week In Football: Dortmund conquer the group of death, Tigres lift sixth title in six years & more
- Big update on ‘excellent’ Arsenal star, agreement ‘expected’ in due course
- Top 10 football predictions for 2024
- Preview: Manchester City vs Tottenham Hotspur – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Newcastle United vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Maguire & Sterling nominated for November Premier League POTM award
- Ten Hag, Howe, Iraola, Edwards up for Premier League MOTM award
- Man City FFP trial scheduled for late next year
- Three positives from Manchester United’s disappointing 3-3 draw against Galatasaray