Camavinga has established himself as a regular starter recently, albeit in an unfamiliar position at left-back, where he has impressed nonetheless.
The 20-year-old moved to Madrid two years ago with so much promise and is now starting to deliver the goods off the back of a rough couple of months.
Camavinga struggled for playing minutes towards the back end of 2022 and was consequently linked with a loan move to Arsenal in the January transfer window.
However, Jonathan Barnett – Camavinga’s agent – has since downplayed those rumours, while also reflecting on his client’s new role in the XI.
“He has never thought about playing for another team and Real Madrid would not have let him leave – it was all rubbish.
“Due to the injuries that have occurred, he has had to play a lot on the left side – he will always give everything for the team.
“But he wants to become a great midfielder, he loves to play in midfield and we’ll see how special he is – he’s a really special footballer.”
Despite his Madrid contract being valid until 2027, Los Blancos are now looking to tie Camavinga down to a new deal.
The French international is in line for an improved salary, while his release clause will also be increased.
Madrid are actively working towards securing the futures of their key players, with Toni Kroos set to extend his stay at Santiago Bernabeu for one more season.
Leading goalscorer Karim Benzema is also expected to put pen to paper on an extension as he enters the final few months of his current contract.
- Manchester City back on track after 2-1 victory over Luton Town
- Aston Villa 1-0 Arsenal: Bailey goal extends Villains’ unbeaten home run
- Pep Guardiola denies City are reliant on Rodri but the stats disagree
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag scoops Premier League MOTM award
- This Week In Football: Last-minute UWNL drama, Santos relegated & more
- Morning Mix: Arsenal face acid test at Villa, Chelsea boss has no excuses
- Arsenal or Liverpool: Who is better placed to beat Man City to the title?
- Copa America 2024 draw: Argentina to face Chile, Brazil and USMNT discover their groups
- Four reasons PSV Eindhoven are overtaking Ajax on and off the pitch