The 38-year-old has already gone to the prosecutor’s office in Turin and is now poised to press charges against the Bianconeri.
Ronaldo is suing for the €19.9 million owed by the club after deferring his wages during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Juventus deferred all their player’s wages and then went to some other stars to ask them to take even longer deferrals, speaking to their entourage and representatives.
Ronaldo is suing because he has still not received the deferred wages due to him.
Paulo Dybala also wanted to sue Juventus for his deferred wages, but the club reached an agreement with him to pay €3 million.
Juventus continue to battle with financial adversity as a result of the losses from the pandemic.
The Bianconeri also got into trouble for manipulating their books to avoid paying transfer taxes, which got them barred from Europe for this season and forced their entire board of directors to resign.
Those directors are also serving long-term bans from football for their duplicitous acts.
It remains to be seen how Juventus will resolve this matter, but they will want to avoid going to court, as Ronaldo has legal documentation to back up his case.
The Serie A giants will most likely look for an agreement like they did with Dybala.
Ronaldo joined Juventus from Real Madrid for around €100 million in 2018 and spent three years at the club, winning two Serie A titles, two Italian Super Cups and one Coppa Italia.
He bagged 101 goals and 22 assists in 134 games for Juventus before leaving them to return to Manchester United.
After a year and a half back in England, he left acrimoniously to join Saudi Pro League club Al-Nassr.
- Ineffective Man Utd star should be dropped for Burnley clash
- Daniel Levy open to selling Tottenham stake in Tottenham for ‘the right money’
- FIFA Rankings: Argentina retain top spot ahead of France, Brazil & England, Germany continue to fall
- Neil Warnock departs Huddersfield Town after draw with Stoke City
- Sociedad’s dominance, Inzaghi’s questionable decisions, Martinez comes up clutch – Takeaways from Inter Milan’s draw vs Real Sociedad