The Hajduk Split prodigy broke into the public eye after becoming the subject of transfer interest from top European clubs.
Manchester City, Liverpool, Chelsea and Paris Saint-Germain were among his suitors last summer, but the 16-year-old stayed at Hajduk.
Spurs have now jumped the queue after agreeing personal terms with the teenager. They are sorting out the final details with Hajduk.
The transfer fee for Vuskovic could be around £12 million.
Vuskovic made his first-team debut for Hajduk at the start of this year and has made 11 appearances.
He played a key role in Hajduk’s Croatian Cup triumph and was also part of the club’s youth side that finished as runners-up in the UEFA Youth League.
Vuskovic will continue his development at Hajduk and will join Spurs when he turns 18 in 2025.
Spurs have snapped up a gem of a talent who can mark a new era at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.
His signing signifies that Spurs want to enrich their young talent pool which already boasts Manor Solomon, Micky van de Ven, Destiny Udogie and Alejo Veliz.
Spurs are off to a blistering start to the new season under Ange Postecoglou, currently second in the Premier League table with three wins and a draw.
The Australian manager is building a formidable unit capable of challenging on all fronts.
The Lilywhites will face Sheffield United in their next league fixture this weekend.
- Fulham 0-2 Chelsea: Mudryk & Broja strike to earn Blues their second league win of the season
- Champions League: Laurent Robert wants to see PSG and Newcastle secure last-16 spot
- Liverpool & VAR: The stench of entitlement is off the scale
- Preview: Napoli vs Real Madrid – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Lens vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups