Nicolas Pepe is reportedly on the verge of joining Turkish club Trabzonspor in the latest Arsenal news.
The Frenchman spent the 2022-23 season on loan at Nice but failed to make a huge impact at the Allianz Riviera.
He made an impressive start in the Ligue 1, featuring in 16 consecutive games and scoring six goals.
But a knee injury in January kept him on the sidelines for almost the rest of the season.
The Ivory Coast international returned to the Emirates Stadium earlier this summer, but he is not part of Mikel Arteta’s plans.
With quality wingers in Bukayo Saka, who was among the 2023 Ballon d’Or nominees, and Gabriel Martinelli on their books, Pepe had a slim chance of first-team opportunities at the English club.
The 28-year-old is now set to end his spell in London by joining Trabzonspor.
But he failed to live up to expectations, scoring just 27 goals in 112 appearances in all competitions.
Arsenal tried to offload him to a Saudi Pro League club after a move to Besiktas failed to materialise, but the winger turned down the offer.
Trabzonspor entered the race, and they are now on the verge of wrapping up a deal.
Pepe’s departure means the Gunners will save millions of pounds in wages.
- Harvey Barnes comes off injured in Newcastle’s match against Sheffield United
- Chelsea 0-1 Aston Villa: Player rating as Watkins hands Villains victory over 10-man Blues
- Mitoma scores twice in Brighton’s 3-1 win over Bournemouth
- Harry Kane scores first hat-trick for Bayern Munich in 7-0 victory over Bochum
- Xavi signs one-year contract extension until 2025