The news comes in the wake of interest from Championship club Leeds United, who launched a £10 million bid for the young midfielder earlier this summer.
The offer was rebuffed by the Scottish giants.
Negotiations for the new contract will commence during the upcoming international break, serving as a clear statement of intent from Celtic to keep hold of their prized asset.
O’Riley joined Celtic during the January 2022 transfer window and has become a fan favourite.
He burst onto the scene with a memorable debut performance, which included a vital assist in a 2-1 victory over Hearts at Tynecastle.
O’Riley has bagged ten goals and 18 assists in 77 appearances for the club.
Beyond his impressive statistics, his versatility has proven invaluable to Celtic.
He notably stepped into the holding midfield role during Callum McGregor’s absence due to injury, displaying his ability to anchor the midfield.
O’Riley’s standout performance in Celtic’s recent 1-0 victory over arch-rivals Rangers at Ibrox has further solidified his status as one of the club’s most promising talents.
The move to offer O’Riley an improved contract aligns with Celtic’s ambition to maintain their dominance in Scottish football under the tutelage of manager Brendan Rodgers.
As they look to secure the long-term services of their prized midfielder, Celtic supporters will undoubtedly be eager to see O’Riley don the green and white jersey for seasons to come.
O’Riley could join Liel Abada, Kyogo Furuhashi, Callum McGregor and Daizen Maeda in committing their futures to the club.
- Daniel Levy open to selling Tottenham stake in Tottenham for ‘the right money’
- FIFA Rankings: Argentina retain top spot ahead of France, Brazil & England, Germany continue to fall
- Neil Warnock departs Huddersfield Town after draw with Stoke City
- Sociedad’s dominance, Inzaghi’s questionable decisions, Martinez comes up clutch – Takeaways from Inter Milan’s draw vs Real Sociedad
- Inter Miami star Messi leaves Toronto game with injury