Heung-min Son was at the top of his game on Saturday as he hit a brilliant hat-trick to lead Tottenham to an emphatic 5-2 win over Burnley.
The South Korean failed to score in the first three league matches for Spurs but returned to form in an excellent fashion this weekend.
Burnley took an early lead through Lyle Foster, but Son soon levelled the scores with a delicate finish before Cristian Romero added another on the stroke of half-time.
In a completely one-sided second half, summer signing James Maddison scored a stunning goal from outside the box in the 54th minute.
The Spurs captain then fired home twice within the space of three minutes to put his side 5-1 ahead.
The 31-year-old slotted the ball home after a good pass from Manor Solomon before completing his treble with a low strike in the 66th minute.
Josh Brownhill pulled one back in injury time but that was small consolation for Burnley, who have now lost all three league matches.
Tottenham have won three of their four league fixtures to be second in the standings.
They suffered a big blow before their opening game against Brentford as they lost Harry Kane to Bundesliga giants Bayern Munich.
Ange Postecoglou’s side recorded a 2-2 draw at the Gtech Community Stadium but then bounced back to pick up three Premier League wins on the trot, including a 2-0 success over Manchester United.
- Fulham 0-2 Chelsea: Mudryk & Broja strike to earn Blues their second league win of the season
- Champions League: Laurent Robert wants to see PSG and Newcastle secure last-16 spot
- Liverpool & VAR: The stench of entitlement is off the scale
- Preview: Napoli vs Real Madrid – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Lens vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups