The Bees are the latest club to register an interest in PSV Eindhoven starlet Johan Bakayoko, and they are eager to secure his signature.
Sky Sports reports that Brentford have launched an official proposal worth €40 million in a bid to wrap up a deal for the highly rated European talent.
The Bees are willing to fork out an initial €35m with a further €5m to be disbursed in performance-related add-ons.
Both parties remain in talks over a potential deal, with Brentford cautiously optimistic that a deal can be finalised before the transfer deadline.
However, Brentford are keen to strike a deal for the 20-year-old, but it remains to be seen if PSV, who will be competing in the Champions League this season, are open to doing business.
Without continental football on the table, a deal for Bakayoko would be a coup for Brentford, although the allure of the revered Premier League could trump their absence from Europe.
If PSV give the green light for the deal to be finalised, Brentford will finally welcome a new forward player into the fold, having been thwarted in their attempts to date.
The Bees had initially prioritised a move for Nottingham Forest winger Brennan Johnson, but they have already seen three bids turned down by their English counterparts.
Their last offer was closer to £40m, but the Tricky Trees have no interest in negotiating a fee less than £50m for their homegrown star, who is also a target for Tottenham Hotspur.
Brentford have also seen a bid for Argentine forward Nicolas Dominguez rejected by Fiorentina, who have ruled out a departure for the Copa America winner.
- Ineffective Man Utd star should be dropped for Burnley clash
- Daniel Levy open to selling Tottenham stake in Tottenham for ‘the right money’
- FIFA Rankings: Argentina retain top spot ahead of France, Brazil & England, Germany continue to fall
- Neil Warnock departs Huddersfield Town after draw with Stoke City
- Sociedad’s dominance, Inzaghi’s questionable decisions, Martinez comes up clutch – Takeaways from Inter Milan’s draw vs Real Sociedad