Paris Saint-Germain have submitted a new bid for Olympique Lyon starlet Bradley Barcola, according to Le Parisien.
The French news outlet reports that the Ligue 1 title holders have launched a fresh proposal worth €45 million for the Lyon talent.
Les Gones have been reluctant to cut ties with their academy prodigy, who has attracted substantial interest from several European heavyweights over the summer.
Man City have since signed Belgian prodigy Jeremy Doku, while Chelsea are in talks with their Premier League counterparts over a deal for English starlet Cole Palmer.
With both clubs out of the race for Barcola, PSG have no other competition but must convince Lyon to sanction the youngster’s departure this summer.
Lyon have already turned down a bid from PSG for Barcola, forcing the 20-year-old winger to formally request a summer transfer to force a move to the French heavyweights.
Barcola has three years left on his contract at Groupama Stadium, but his desire to leave has significantly weakened Lyon’s negotiating position, and they could be forced to reconsider their stance.
An agreement could be reached between both clubs over the next few hours, but Lyon have to give the green light for PSG to finalise the transfer.
The capital club are yet to shake hands with Barcola over personal terms, but an agreement is understood to be a formality, with Lyon currently holding all the cards over a potential deal.
PSG are also hoping to finalise a deal for Eintracht Frankfurt striker Randal Kolo Muani, who has embarked on a strike to force a move to the French capital before Friday’s transfer deadline.
Les Parisiens remain at odds with their German counterparts over the terms of an agreement as they are reluctant to match Frankfurt’s €100m demands.
- Ineffective Man Utd star should be dropped for Burnley clash
- Daniel Levy open to selling Tottenham stake in Tottenham for ‘the right money’
- FIFA Rankings: Argentina retain top spot ahead of France, Brazil & England, Germany continue to fall
- Neil Warnock departs Huddersfield Town after draw with Stoke City
- Sociedad’s dominance, Inzaghi’s questionable decisions, Martinez comes up clutch – Takeaways from Inter Milan’s draw vs Real Sociedad