Nottingham Forest are looking to end the summer transfer window on a high note as they are on the verge of securing the services of Bologna midfielder Nicolas Dominguez.
The 25-year-old has agreed to a five-year contract with Forest, although details regarding transfer fee haven’t been revealed.
Dominguez has been a vital cog in Rossoblu’s midfield, making 112 appearances since joining them in 2020.
His consistent performances have also earned him the reputation as one of the best defensive midfielders in Serie A.
A Copa America winner with Argentina in 2021, Dominguez failed to make it to last year’s World Cup squad, where La Albiceleste were crowned the eventual winners.
Remo Freuler is expected to move from Forest to Bologna as part of the deal.
Dominguez will be the second Argentine signing of the summer following Gonzalo Montiel’s move from Sevilla.
Forest are also working on a potential move for Fenerbahce striker Michy Batshuayi.
Fabrizio Romano reports that the ex-Chelsea man is inching closer towards a move to City Ground, with the final details of the deal being sorted out.
More incomings are on the cards before Friday’s deadline, with Forest reportedly closing in on moves for Arsenal’s Nuno Tavares and Corinthians’ Brazilian defender Murillo.
Forest suffered a 3-2 defeat against Manchester United in the Premier League over the weekend, with the latter producing a dramatic comeback from a 2-0 deficit.
- Fulham 0-2 Chelsea: Mudryk & Broja strike to earn Blues their second league win of the season
- Champions League: Laurent Robert wants to see PSG and Newcastle secure last-16 spot
- Liverpool & VAR: The stench of entitlement is off the scale
- Preview: Napoli vs Real Madrid – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Lens vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups