Genoa are reportedly considering a loan deal for the midfielder, with French club Lorient also expressing interest.
Genoa have been making waves with their ambitious summer transfer pursuits, and they have the Netherlands international on their radar.
They have already secured a deal with Tottenham Hotspur for Tanguy Ndombele.
However, the French midfielder is not entirely sold on joining the newly-promoted side.
Genoa are not in the Champions League – a competition Ndombele is eager to grace with his next club.
Their attention has shifted towards Van de Beek, who is on the fringes of Man United’s plans following his move from Ajax in 2020.
Genoa’s sights are also set on Galatasaray’s Berkan Kutlu – a versatile midfielder who has already been in contact with the Serie A outfit.
They are determined to build a competitive squad that can avoid relegation.
Van de Beek’s English sojourn has not gone according to plan, with the midfielder struggling at United.
He went on a brief loan spell to Everton but returned to United without making much impact due to injuries.
Now surplus to requirements at Old Trafford, the prospect of a fresh start at Genoa could reignite his career and help him rediscover his footballing prowess.
Genoa have already snapped up Mateo Retegui, Kevin Strootman, Junior Messias, Ruslan Malinovskyi, Aaron Martin, Morten Thorsby and more as they bid to avoid relegation to Serie B.
- Sunderland confirm Watford clash will proceed despite power failure
- Cinch terminates SPFL sponsorship deal after Rangers refuse to display car branding
- Leeds defender Liam Cooper makes Scotland squad for Spain clash
- Brennan Johnson to miss Wales international games & Tottenham clash with Luton
- Chelsea defender Reece James handed one-match ban for improper conduct