Celtic boss Brendan Rodgers is keen on adding the defender to his squad following an early season defensive injury crisis.
Cameron Carter-Vickers and Maik Nawrocki are out of action for several weeks with hamstring injuries.
Stephen Welsh is also unavailable after undergoing ankle surgery.
Rodgers admitted that it was a worrying situation, and they have moved to address the problem.
Phillips joined Liverpool’s academy from Bolton Wanderers before making his senior team debut in 2020 after the Reds cut short his loan to VfB Stuttgart.
After failing to seal a starting spot under Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp, he went on another loan to Bournemouth.
However, Klopp claimed he wanted to keep Phillips as he was a reliable defender. He also praised him for being a good presence around the training ground.
Phillips will get a fresh start after failing to start any of Liverpool’s games this season. He will hope to play a pivotal role in Celtic’s campaign.
Things have not started smoothly for Rodgers as they were recently knocked out of the Scottish League Cup by Kilmarnock.
Rodgers will hope his side can show what they are made of on Sunday to help fans forget that disappointment.
- ‘I was really shocked’ – Gary Neville surprised at what Arsenal ace did to Spurs star in 2-2 draw
- Bundesliga Weekly: Kane bags hat-trick as Bayern thrash Bochum 7-0
- Los Blancos’ winning streak halts, Morata lights up the derby – Takeaways from Atletico Madrid’s win against Real Madrid
- Harvey Barnes comes off injured in Newcastle’s match against Sheffield United
- Chelsea 0-1 Aston Villa: Player rating as Watkins hands Villains victory over 10-man Blues