The Cottagers have already been rebuffed once but remain enthused about the possibility of striking an agreement for the Brazilian striker.
Fulham’s opening proposal for Pedro is believed to be worth around £21 million, but it was deemed insufficient by the Brazilian outfit.
Flamengo are reluctant to part ways with the 26-year-old, but they are braced for more bids from Fulham.
Pedro has three and a half years left on his contract with Flamengo, so it could take an eye-catching sum to tempt them into sanctioning a sale.
However, the player’s desire to ply his trade in the Premier League could also force the club to cut him loose this summer.
Although Fulham are considered frontrunners to land Pedro’s services, they will face competition from Benfica and Zenit St Petersburg.
Fulham are determined to sign a striker before the transfer window closes and have several targets on their extensive radar.
The Cottagers recently lost Aleksandar Mitrovic to Saudi Pro League club Al-Hilal in a club record sale worth £46m.
While Pedro has emerged as their primary candidate to replace the Serbian striker, Fulham are also eyeing a move for Atalanta’s Duvan Zapata.
The 32-year-old is open to a summer departure from the Gewiss Stadium, but Atalanta are reluctant to cut ties with him despite signing Gianluca Scamacca from West Ham United.
Zapata spent most of last season nursing recurring injury problems in the treatment room and could only contribute two goals and five assists in 27 appearances across all competitions.
- FIFA Rankings: Argentina retain top spot ahead of France, Brazil & England, Germany continue to fall
- Neil Warnock departs Huddersfield Town after draw with Stoke City
- Sociedad’s dominance, Inzaghi’s questionable decisions, Martinez comes up clutch – Takeaways from Inter Milan’s draw vs Real Sociedad
- Inter Miami star Messi leaves Toronto game with injury
- Bayern Munich 4-3 Man United: Player ratings as struggling Devils fall short in seven-goal thriller