The Bavarians are preparing themselves for a future without Pavard, who has reached an agreement to join Serie A giants Inter Milan.
However, Bayern are unwilling to sanction the sale of the Frenchman until they find a suitable replacement.
Chalobah has emerged as a potential candidate, with the English defender out of favour at Stamford Bridge.
Mauricio Pochettino, who doesn’t see Chalobah in his plans, has given the nod for his sale this summer.
Bayern manager Thomas Tuchel is a huge admirer of Chalobah, having worked with him during his managerial stint at Chelsea.
The German champions appreciate the profile of the English youngster, which is akin to Pavard’s.
The 24-year-old can play as a centre-back in a back-three and back-four formation and also as a right-back.
Chalobah would also be willing to leave his boyhood club to secure regular game time, and Bayern can offer him the escape route.
However, the transfer fee could be a stumbling block as the Blues want more than £20 million for the England star.
Bayern have already broken the bank for the signing of Kim Min-jae and Harry Kane this summer, and it remains doubtful whether they can afford the transfer of Chalobah.
Newcastle United have also been credited with an interest in Chalobah, and they have deeper pockets to meet his valuation.
The Bundesliga champions are also monitoring West Ham United’s Thilo Kehrer and RB Leipzig’s Lukas Klostermann.
- Cinch terminates SPFL sponsorship deal after Rangers refuse to display car branding
- Leeds defender Liam Cooper makes Scotland squad for Spain clash
- Brennan Johnson to miss Wales international games & Tottenham clash with Luton
- Chelsea defender Reece James handed one-match ban for improper conduct
- Jurgen Klopp calls for replay of controversial Liverpool vs. Tottenham clash