Young TB Salzburg football prodigy Leon Lalic has chosen to join Manchester City and City Football Group, according to Fabrizio Romano.
This move marks Salzburg’s first-ever deal with the City Group – a momentous event for the rising 17-year-old winger.
Lalic’s journey will kickstart with a stint at the Belgian second-division club, Lommel SK, as he embarks on the next chapter of his burgeoning career.
This move has been a long time coming, with City scout David Fernandez’s team tracking Lalic’s progress for over two years.
Lalic recently made his presence felt at the Under-17 European Championship, commanding attention by starting in all three matches for Croatia in Hungary.
His standout performance included an impressive 70-minute display against England before Croatia’s untimely exit from the group stage.
Among a flurry of European clubs vying for his signature, City emerged as Lalic’s favoured destination.
Despite never playing for Salzburg’s senior team, Lalic is poised for an extraordinary developmental journey.
Known for their exceptional focus on nurturing young talent, Salzburg have provided Lalic with a solid foundation.
- Aston Villa mark European return with shocking 3-2 defeat to Legia Warszawa
- Nunez, Salah & Diaz secure Liverpool comeback win over LASK after early scare
- Tottenham to trigger Son contract extension to avoid another Kane situation
- Ineffective Man Utd star should be dropped for Burnley clash
- Daniel Levy open to selling Tottenham stake in Tottenham for ‘the right money’