The stage is set for an exciting 2023/24 AFC Champions League campaign as the official draw was made today in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
The draw saw the 40 teams divided into ten groups – five each in the East and West Zones.
Reigning champions Urawa Red Diamonds will embark on their quest to defend the coveted title and are in Group J.
Al-Hilal from Saudi Arabia, victors in the 2019 and 2021 editions and runners-up last season, have been drawn in Group D.
Saudi Arabian club Al-Ittihad are in Group C alongside Iran’s Sepahan SC, Iraq’s Air Force Club and Uzbekistan’s AGMK FC.
Saudi Arabia’s Al-Hilal – who won the 2019 and 2021 titles and were runners-up last season – were drawn in Group D.
The ten group winners along with the three best runners-up of each zone will book their place in the knockout stage.
These will take place from February to April before the final is held over two legs on May 11 and 18, 2024.
The 2023/24 edition of the tournament will see the Video Assistant Referee (VAR) in use from the group stage.
AFC Champions League Groups
- Group A: Pakhtakor (UZB), Al-Fayha FC (KSA), Ahal FC (TKM), Al-Ain FC (UAE)
- Group B: Al-Sadd SC (QAT), FC Nasaf (UZB), Al-Faisaly (JOR), Sharjah FC (UAE)
- Group C: Al-Ittihad (KSA), Sepahan SC (IRN), Air Force Club (IRQ), AGMK FC (UZB)
- Group D: Al-Hilal SFC (KSA), Nassaji Mazandaran FC (IRN), Mumbai City FC (IND), Navbahor (UZB)
- Group E: Persepolis FC (IRN), Al-Duhail SC (QAT), FC Istiklol (TJK), Al-Nassr (KSA)
- Group F: Jeonbuk Hyundai Motors FC (KOR), Bangkok United (THA), Lion City Sailors (SGP), Kitchee SC (HKG)
- Group G: Yokohama F Marinos (JPN), Shandong Taishan FC (CHN), Kaya FC-Iloilo (PHI), Incheon United FC (KOR)
- Group H: Buriram United (THA), Ventforet Kofu (JPN), Melbourne City FC (AUS), Zhejiang FC (CHN)
- Group I: Ulsan Hyundai FC (KOR), Kawasaki Frontale (JPN), Johor Darul Ta’zim (MAS), BG Pathum United (THA)
- Group J: Wuhan Three Towns FC (CHN), Pohang Steelers (KOR), Hanoi FC (VIE), Urawa Red Diamonds (JPN)
- Everton takeover: 777 Partner’s source of funding facing new legal complaint
- Chelsea face competition from Barcelona and Real Madrid for teen stars
- Tottenham’s Manor Solomon facing three months on the sidelines with knee injury
- Charles Ebersol reveals inside story of £40M Chelsea deal with Infinite Athlete
- Morocco, Spain and Portugal to host 2030 FIFA World Cup