Brentford have reached out to Fiorentina with an official bid as they pursue a deal for Argentine winger Nico Gonzalez.
Italian transfer guru Fabrizio Romano reports that the proposal from the Bees is worth around €43 million, with an eye-catching salary package also on offer as they look to wrap up a deal.
With just over a week until the summer transfer window closes, Brentford are eager to bolster their ranks in the attacking department, and Gonzalez ticks all their boxes.
The 25-year-old arrived at Fiorentina in 2021 and has contributed 23 goals and 14 assists in 82 appearances for the club.
He rippled the net 14 times in 42 games across all competitions last term, including five in 11 Europa Conference League outings.
Vincenzo Italiano’s side eventually lost out to West Ham United in the title decider.
Having established himself as a vital part of the Fiorentina starting line-up over the past two years, Gonzalez could kick off the next phase of his career in the Premier League.
Thomas Frank is keen to welcome the Copa America winner into the fold as he looks to add more depth and quality to his forward line in the absence of star striker Ivan Toney.
The Bees have been lethal in front of goal this season, putting two past Tottenham Hotspur in their opening fixture before picking up a resounding three-nil victory over Fulham last weekend.
Yoane Wissa and Bryan Mbeumo have shouldered the goalscoring responsibility with Toney on a sabbatical following a betting fiasco, and both players already have five goals between them.
Adding Gonzalez to the mix will spice things up, handing Frank more firepower as they look to improve on their ninth-place finish from last season.
The Bees also have Nottingham Forest’s Brennan Johnson on their radar, but the Tricky Trees are demanding at least £40m to let their home-grown starlet depart City Ground.
- Postecoglou confirms huge injury blow for Tottenham ahead of Crystal Palace clash
- FA Cup quarter-final TV picks confirmed, ITV will show headline fixture between Man Utd and Liverpool
- Preview: Man City vs Man United – stats, team news, line-ups
- Crystal Palace shareholder John Textor slams Premier League financial rules
- Conor Gallagher determined to stay at Chelsea despite contract stand-off and Tottenham interest
- Eric Dier makes permanent switch to Bayern Munich from Tottenham
- Premier League manager of the month nominees for February revealed
- Paul Pogba receives four-year ban for doping
- Man United fans in uproar as Old Trafford relocation plans spark outrage
- Liverpool to make one last attempt to bring back Michael Edwards to lead post-Klopp rebuild