The 21-year-old is reportedly at the top of Liverpool’s target list, and they are pushing to sign him.
Gravenberch is open to leave Bayern after struggling for game time following his move last summer.
In his first season in Germany following his £21 million transfer from Ajax, Gravenberch made only three Bundesliga starts.
He struggled to nail down a starting spot under Julian Nagelsmann and Thomas Tuchel.
In Bayern’s two games this season, the Dutch international is yet to receive a single minute of game time.
A move to Merseyside could benefit Gravenberch immensely as his talent is evident, but he needs a manager that trusts him.
Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp might be that manager to give him a new lease of life.
The German wants Gravenberch to join midfield summer signings Wataru Endo, Alexis Mac Allister and Dominik Szoboszlai.
The Reds also have Crystal Palace’s Cheick Doucoure on their radar as they look to strengthen their midfield.
The Mali international arrived in London last summer from Lens in a £22 million transfer and impressed in the holding midfield role across his 34 appearances for the Eagles.
Palace will demand massive money for the 23-year-old, who has four years left on his contract.
Liverpool desperately need a holding midfielder after losing Jordan Henderson and Fabinho this summer.
They also missed out on big-money moves for Moises Caicedo and Romeo Lavia to Chelsea.
- Fulham 0-2 Chelsea: Mudryk & Broja strike to earn Blues their second league win of the season
- Champions League: Laurent Robert wants to see PSG and Newcastle secure last-16 spot
- Liverpool & VAR: The stench of entitlement is off the scale
- Preview: Napoli vs Real Madrid – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Lens vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups