However, he left the French club as a free agent this summer as his contract expired, and they opted against renewing it.
The Chilean international is yearning for a reunion with Inter, where he spent two and a half years before embarking on his brief French sojourn.
Inter CEO Beppe Marotta openly acknowledged Sanchez as a target for the Nerazzurri, hinting at a possible homecoming for the forward.
Sanchez seems determined to join the Milan club, and they are open to the idea as they converge toward a common goal.
Joaquin Correa, who has been linked with a move to Saudi Arabia, could be on his way out of the club,
Inter appear willing to explore a loan exit for the Argentine forward. This decision follows his omission from the squad for the league opener against AC Monza.
While concrete offers for Correa are yet to materialise, Inter’s revised stance will likely attract interest, paving the way for him to move after a disappointing time in Milan.
With the imminent departure of Correa looming large, Sanchez’s return seems increasingly probable.
If he signs for the Coppa Italia champions, Sanchez will cover for strikers Marko Arnautovic and Lautaro Martinez.
Arnautovic joined Inter last week following the departure of Edin Dzeko and after they pulled out of the race for Romelu Lukaku.
Sanchez’s addition will strengthen Simone Inzaghi’s forward line for the season as they look to challenge for domestic and European titles.
- Bundesliga Weekly: Kane bags hat-trick as Bayern thrash Bochum 7-0
- Los Blancos’ winning streak halts, Morata lights up the derby – Takeaways from Atletico Madrid’s win against Real Madrid
- Harvey Barnes comes off injured in Newcastle’s match against Sheffield United
- Chelsea 0-1 Aston Villa: Player rating as Watkins hands Villains victory over 10-man Blues
- Mitoma scores twice in Brighton’s 3-1 win over Bournemouth