Jude Bellingham made a dream Real Madrid debut last week as he scored to lead his side to victory against Athletic Bilbao.
He is the first player since Cristiano Ronaldo in 2009 to score in his first two matches for Los Blancos.
The hosts took a shock lead through a powerful header from Sergio Arribas within the first three minutes.
Bellingham soon levelled the scores when the ball dropped kindly for him in a crowded area.
Toni Kroos looked to have doubled their advantage just before the break but his well-taken goal was ruled out for offside after a VAR review.
However, it didn’t take long for Bellingham to hit the net again in the second half as he headed home his second with Kroos the provider.
The 20-year-old was also involved in Madrid’s third goal, setting up Vinicius Junior who skillfully floated the ball into the top corner.
The supremely talented midfielder arrived at the Santiago Bernabeu this summer in a huge £88.5 million deal with Borussia Dortmund.
After enjoying an impressive pre-season campaign, he has now made an excellent start to life in the Spanish top flight
Real Madrid have picked up back-to-back wins to make a brilliant start to their 2023-24 La Liga campaign.
They will hope to continue their impressive form when they visit Celta Vigo before their first home league clash with Getafe.
- Premier League wages: Man City & Man Utd stars top the salary charts
- Arsenal to offload fringe players in pursuit of Brentford’s Ivan Toney as Bees renew Barclays borrowing
- Women’s Super League 2023/24: Can anyone stop Chelsea winning five-in-a-row?
- Football agents in the UK stall FIFA’s salary cap regulations
- Chelsea monitoring Osimhen situation amid rift with Napoli