The Englishman’s sensational arrival at the Allianz Arena has bolstered the team’s attacking prowess and sparked a remarkable merchandise sales surge.
Bayern’s pursuit of Kane came at a hefty price, as they paid €100 million plus add-ons. The figure eclipses their previous record of €80m, which they spent on Lucas Hernandez in 2019.
This massive investment has signalled the club’s intent for the coming season after they struggled for firepower last season.
Bayern’s supporters have welcomed the addition of Kane with unparalleled zeal.
An electrifying buzz has enveloped the Allianz Arena, with fans eager to seize a piece of history.
The Bavarian club witnessed an astonishing surge in merchandise income, toppling their previous high set during the 2020 Champions League final against Paris Saint-Germain.
According to Bild, the Bavarians sold over 10,000 Kane jerseys online and in brick-and-mortar stores on the day of the striker’s arrival.
This staggering feat speaks to Kane’s star power, and the excitement reached a crescendo as hundreds of passionate supporters flocked to Oberpfaffenhofen airport to greet Kane.
Their enthusiasm remained undeterred as they lined the streets leading to Bayern’s iconic Säbener Straße, where Kane underwent his medical check and eventually put pen to paper.
The signing ceremony took place in the early hours of Saturday morning, yet a sizeable crowd had gathered outside the club’s offices.
This excitement was evident at Bayern’s official stores, where lines snaked around corners as fans eagerly queued to obtain their Bayern Munich 2023/23 kits with Kane’s name on them.
The club needed a top-class striker and have signed one of the best in Europe. They will reap the rewards on the pitch and in commercial sales.
- FIFA Rankings: Argentina retain top spot ahead of France, Brazil & England, Germany continue to fall
- Neil Warnock departs Huddersfield Town after draw with Stoke City
- Sociedad’s dominance, Inzaghi’s questionable decisions, Martinez comes up clutch – Takeaways from Inter Milan’s draw vs Real Sociedad
- Inter Miami star Messi leaves Toronto game with injury
- Bayern Munich 4-3 Man United: Player ratings as struggling Devils fall short in seven-goal thriller