Jude Bellingham made a dream start to life at Real Madrid as he scored in their 2-0 victory against Athletic Bilbao.
The 20-year-old joined the La Liga giants from Borussia Dortmund this summer in a deal worth £88.5 million.
He featured in all four of Real’s pre-season fixtures and also scored in their 2-0 win over Manchester United last month.
Carlo Ancelotti started Bellingham in their first La Liga match against Athletic on Saturday and he impressed his manager with an excellent performance.
The talented midfielder found the net with a side-foot volley from David Alaba’s corner after Rodrygo broke the deadlock with a near-post finish in the 28th minute.
The England ace also posted impressive numbers to help Madrid win their first game of the new campaign.
He made three tackles, two interceptions and a clearance. Bellingham also completed three dribbles and two shots (as per WhoScored).
They also failed to achieve success in Europe, with Manchester City beating them 5-1 on aggregate in the Champions League semi-final.
Madrid will be aiming to make a comeback this term, and they have made a superb start with a 2-0 victory at Bilbao.
- Morocco, Spain and Portugal to host 2030 FIFA World Cup
- Sunderland confirm Watford clash will proceed despite power failure
- Cinch terminates SPFL sponsorship deal after Rangers refuse to display car branding
- Leeds defender Liam Cooper makes Scotland squad for Spain clash
- Brennan Johnson to miss Wales international games & Tottenham clash with Luton