Bayern Munich have reportedly turned down Manchester United’s initial bid for Benjamin Pavard.
Journalist Florian Plettenberg says the Red Devils’ initial offer was rejected, but the player is still eager to join them.
United are expected to lose Harry Maguire this summer, with West Ham United pursuing a deal for the 30-year-old.
The Hammers have reached an agreement on the transfer fee and are currently in negotiations over personal terms with Maguire.
Man United are looking to sign a quality replacement for the England international and believe Pavard is an ideal option.
The Frenchman played an instrumental role in helping Bayern win the Bundesliga title last season.
He featured in 30 league games for the German giants, bagging four goals and three assists.
The 27-year-old averaged 2.3 tackles, 1.5 interceptions and 2.5 clearances per game in the Bundesliga.
He also completed 3.2 long balls while boasting almost 90 percent passing accuracy (as per WhoScored).
Pavard has only a year left on his contract at the Allianz Arena, but he has refused to extend his stay at the club as he wants a new challenge elsewhere.
Man United are one of the biggest clubs in the Premier League and made massive progress under Erik ten Hag last season.
Given his versatility and experience at the top level of football, the Frenchman could be a huge success at Old Trafford.
- Daniel Levy open to selling Tottenham stake in Tottenham for ‘the right money’
- FIFA Rankings: Argentina retain top spot ahead of France, Brazil & England, Germany continue to fall
- Neil Warnock departs Huddersfield Town after draw with Stoke City
- Sociedad’s dominance, Inzaghi’s questionable decisions, Martinez comes up clutch – Takeaways from Inter Milan’s draw vs Real Sociedad
- Inter Miami star Messi leaves Toronto game with injury