Paris Saint-Germain remain at loggerheads with Kylian Mbappe following the French superstar’s decision not extend his contract and leave on a free transfer next summer.
Les Parisiens are determined to cash in on their prized asset this summer and have taken steps to force him out such as banning him from the squad.
The Ligue 1 Champions went to lengths to convince him to stay at the French capital last year, handing him an eye-watering salary worth €160 million.
They also owe the 24-year-old significant loyalty bonuses, and it is understandable they are looking to recuperate considerable funds from his sale.
PSG have advised Mbappe that his persistence to play out his contract could shake the economic status of the club, potentially leading to a massive lay-off.
The letter read: “We would then be faced with the need to transfer players, to review the integration policy of young people trained in the club in the first team and very probably to have to start a wave of lay-offs. It would call into question everything that has been built within the club.”
Mbappe has already turned down Al-Hilal’s world record offer, with PSG believing he has a pre-agreement with his long-term suitors Real Madrid.
However, Los Blancos are not in a position to afford Mbappe’s transfer this summer, having splashed the cash for Jude Bellingham. They are willing to sign him on a Bosman transfer in 2024.
Neymar has also been linked with a move away from Parc des Princes, with PSG informing him that he is not in their plans.
- Ineffective Man Utd star should be dropped for Burnley clash
- Daniel Levy open to selling Tottenham stake in Tottenham for ‘the right money’
- FIFA Rankings: Argentina retain top spot ahead of France, Brazil & England, Germany continue to fall
- Neil Warnock departs Huddersfield Town after draw with Stoke City
- Sociedad’s dominance, Inzaghi’s questionable decisions, Martinez comes up clutch – Takeaways from Inter Milan’s draw vs Real Sociedad