Brighton & Hove Albion have accepted the Reds’ monstrous £110 million bid for their prized asset, inflicting a massive transfer blow on Chelsea.
Having found themselves on the back foot, the Blues are working around the clock to outbid Liverpool, with their latest offer falling short of the Merseyside giants’ proposal.
The highly-rated midfielder was already on his way to London for a medical, but he’s now set to return to Elland Road after Chelsea pulled the plug on the deal at the 11th hour.
Their decision to drop their interest in Adams is a last-ditch attempt to raise funds for Caicedo’s arrival amid Liverpool’s genuine effort to hijack his move to Stamford Bridge.
However, the 21-year-old is keen to join Chelsea, having agreed personal terms a month ago, reinforcing Pochettino’s hope of landing his top midfield target.
Undeterred by an agreement between Brighton and Liverpool, the Ecuadorian has been reluctant to leave London for Anfield.
Even though Liverpool scheduled his medicals for today, Caicedo and his representatives are still in London, hoping Chelsea can find common ground with Brighton.
With the 2023/24 Premier League kick-off hours away, time has become a critical factor, with all parties seeking a quick resolution for one of the longest-running transfer sagas of the summer.
If Chelsea get Brighton’s go-ahead, Liverpool could reignite their bid to sign Southampton’s Romeo Lavia, whose future has been one of the major talking points in recent months.
- Salzburg prodigy Oscar Gloukh dreams of Real Madrid move after Barcelona’s failed pursuit
- Tottenham condemn racist messages directed at Udogie following controversial Liverpool clash
- Kevin Muscat & Pascal Jansen interested in Rangers job following Beale sacking
- Chelsea Women debut Infinite Athlete kit in 2-1 win over Tottenham
- Liverpool receive apology from the PGMOL but is that enough?