The Guardian reported last month the club’s transfer business has become a source of tension between manager David Moyes and director of football Tim Steidten.
But things look to be improving at the London Stadium, with a deal for Ajax midfielder Edson Alvarez close to completion.
The Athletic’s David Ornstein is reporting West Ham are also working towards sealing a move for Southampton midfielder James Ward-Prowse.
They made a £30m bid for the 28-year-old earlier this month, but the Championship club rejected their offer.
They haven’t given up and are still pursuing a deal. A successful transfer is expected this time, with the Saints’ upcoming fixture with Norwich City likely to be the midfielder’s final game for the club.
Ward-Prowse has been one of the best performers for Southampton over the years, posting over 400 appearances.
Given his attributes and top-flight experience, the England international is expected to be a big hit for West Ham.
The Hammers have also launched an improved £30m bid for Manchester United defender Harry Maguire after seeing their initial £20m approach rejected.
- Liverpool receive apology from the PGMOL but is that enough?
- Bundesliga weekly: Bayern & RB Leipzig play out an enthralling draw, Bayer Leverkusen stay stop
- Rangers sack head coach Michael Beale after Aberdeen defeat
- Romero delivers brutal response to Mac Allister’s claim that Tottenham beat Liverpool with 12 men
- Bayern Munich closing in on shock move to re-sign Jerome Boateng