Chelsea youngster Lewis Hall is reportedly close to joining Crystal Palace on a season-long loan.
The 18-year-old is one of the brightest prospects to have emerged from the Blues’ youth academy.
He broke into the first team last season after injuries to Ben Chilwell and Marc Cucurella.
Hall made nine Premier League appearances in 2022-23, averaging 2.6 tackles, 1.2 interceptions and 1.1 clearances per game.
Despite his impressive displays, Chelsea are prepared to send him on loan for the next season as they are currently well-stocked on the left flank.
Palace, who are looking to add a new full-back to compete with Tyrick Mitchell, believe Hall to be an ideal option for them.
The Daily Mail claim Palace are on the verge of completing a loan transfer for the youngster.
The move could be announced within the next 48 hours in time for the Eagles’ Premier League opener against Sheffield United on Saturday.
They came into this friendly after losing on penalties to Sevilla at Detroit’s Comerica Park last month.
Palace dominated Saturday’s match against Lyon, with Jeffrey Schlupp and Odsonne Edouard scoring goals in each half to seal a comfortable victory.
The Eagles were in the relegation battle at one point last season but saw a huge resurgence after Hodgson was re-appointed in March.
They ultimately sealed a very respectable 11th-place finish in the Premier League table.
- Morocco, Spain and Portugal to host 2030 FIFA World Cup
- Sunderland confirm Watford clash will proceed despite power failure
- Cinch terminates SPFL sponsorship deal after Rangers refuse to display car branding
- Leeds defender Liam Cooper makes Scotland squad for Spain clash
- Brennan Johnson to miss Wales international games & Tottenham clash with Luton