Bayern manager Thomas Tuchel has reportedly asked for the Spaniard.
Tuchel knows Arrizabalaga from when he managed Chelsea. He used him as a back-up to Edouard Mendy but has recommended him to the top brass at Bayern.
Die Rekordmeister are in the market for a new shot-stopper after it emerged that Manuel Neuer will not play immediately after returning from a leg break.
The German international returned from a long-term injury that saw him miss the second half of last season. After a few days of training, it became clear that he was not ready to return to action.
Neuer could be out for a few weeks or months, forcing the Bavarians into the market to look for another keeper.
Arrizabalaga returned to the Chelsea first team last season following Tuchel’s departure.
Graham Potter became manager and reinstalled him as the first choice. He impressed, keeping nine clean sheets in 29 Premier League appearances while recording the top save percentage in the league.
However, despite the resurgence, there were still glimpses of his deficiencies as he struggled with long shots and let in goals that a taller keeper could have saved, but that has not hindered Bayern’s interest.
With Arrizabalaga’s name now in the fray, Bayern could move for the 28-year-old ahead of the upcoming season.
Chelsea have signed Robert Sanchez from Brighton & Hove Albion for £25 million, but it remains unclear if they will let Arrizabalaga leave.
The Blues have been trying to sell him for some time but have not found suitors ready to meet his massive salary.
Bayern appear to be willing to take him, and a deal may accelerate in the coming days.
- Neil Warnock departs Huddersfield Town after draw with Stoke City
- Sociedad’s dominance, Inzaghi’s questionable decisions, Martinez comes up clutch – Takeaways from Inter Milan’s draw vs Real Sociedad
- Inter Miami star Messi leaves Toronto game with injury
- Bayern Munich 4-3 Man United: Player ratings as struggling Devils fall short in seven-goal thriller
- Bukayo Saka nets on his Champions League debut as Arsenal thrash PSV Eindhoven 4-0