The 25-year-old came through the Gunners’ youth academy, making his competitive debut for the club in 2014 aged 17.
He made 132 appearances across all competitions for Arsenal, scoring three goals.
Maitland-Niles was never a regular at Arsenal but was part of their team that won the FA Cup in the 2019-20 campaign.
That was the season when he made 32 appearances in all competitions including 20 in the Premier League.
However, his career went downhill after falling down the pecking order under manager Mikel Arteta.
Maitland-Niles was loaned out to West Bromwich Albion and Roma, before spending last season at Southampton.
He made 22 Premier League appearances but couldn’t prevent them from being relegated to the Championship.
The Gunners decided not to renew his contract, and he became one of 10 players to leave the Emirates Stadium this summer.
Maitland-Niles has a lot to offer at the top level of football. He mainly plays in midfield but can also be deployed as a right-back.
- La Liga Weekly: Atletico win Madrid derby, while Barcelona produce brilliant comeback
- ‘I was really shocked’ – Gary Neville surprised at what Arsenal ace did to Spurs star in 2-2 draw
- Bundesliga Weekly: Kane bags hat-trick as Bayern thrash Bochum 7-0
- Los Blancos’ winning streak halts, Morata lights up the derby – Takeaways from Atletico Madrid’s win against Real Madrid
- Harvey Barnes comes off injured in Newcastle’s match against Sheffield United