Guirassy’s contract reportedly includes a €15-20 million release clause. He is in the final 12 months of his deal with the Bundesliga club.
He is open to joining Forest after netting 11 goals in 22 Bundesliga appearances last season.
Stuttgart have already strengthened their forward ranks, signing Deniz Undav on a season-long loan from Brighton & Hove Albion.
They are keen on pairing Guirassy and Undav as a strike duo this season.
Forest have also set their sights on left-back Sosa, with the Croatian reportedly eager to play in the Premier League.
The 25-year-old would cost Forest around €15m after impressing in the German top flight over the past three seasons.
He is one of the most potent crossers of the ball in the Bundesliga. Sosa is an excellent creator and records impressive progressive carrying and passing numbers.
Stuttgart have prepared for Sosa’s possible departure by signing Maximilian Mittelstadt from Hertha Berlin.
The 24-year-old German defender could be called upon to take a prominent role if negotiations with Forest result in a transfer.
The potential double swoop for Guirassy and Sosa is an ambitious move for Forest as they seek to bolster their squad and retain their place in the Premier League.
Both players are reportedly eager to take the next step in their careers. The coming days could prove pivotal in determining the outcome of both transfers.
- Premier League wages: Man City & Man Utd stars top the salary charts
- Arsenal to offload fringe players in pursuit of Brentford’s Ivan Toney as Bees renew Barclays borrowing
- Women’s Super League 2023/24: Can anyone stop Chelsea winning five-in-a-row?
- Football agents in the UK stall FIFA’s salary cap regulations
- Chelsea monitoring Osimhen situation amid rift with Napoli