Fiorentina midfielder Sofyan Amrabat is the subject of a transfer battle, with Manchester United now under threat from Juventus in their pursuit of the Moroccan international.
According to La Gazzetta dello Sport, the Turin club have set their sights on the Dutch-born star after missing out on Franck Kessie.
Amrabat reportedly prefers a move to Man United, but they have not made a concrete offer.
United are in the market for a holding midfielder to back up Casemeiro and have the former Hellas Verona star on their radar.
Speculation is rife as to why the club has been slow to act. There are suggestions that negotiations have hit a roadblock.
Juventus have been closely monitoring Amrabat’s progress for quite some time. They were already eyeing him before he dazzled at the 2022 World Cup.
Manager Massimiliano Allegri wanted to sign Kessie, but he is now heading to the Middle East.
The Bianconeri are in the market for another midfielder with Serie A experience and have landed on Amrabat.
Discussions between Fiorentina and Juventus began during talks over a loan move involving Arthur. Juve took the opportunity to lay the groundwork for the interest in Amrabat.
Fiorentina have placed a €25 million tag on the midfielder. They will also demand potential bonuses to sweeten the deal.
United’s failure to meet this valuation has only fuelled Juventus’ hopes of securing the player’s services.
The Red Devils have signed several players this summer but need to ship out some underperformers before making any more moves.
- Ineffective Man Utd star should be dropped for Burnley clash
- Daniel Levy open to selling Tottenham stake in Tottenham for ‘the right money’
- FIFA Rankings: Argentina retain top spot ahead of France, Brazil & England, Germany continue to fall
- Neil Warnock departs Huddersfield Town after draw with Stoke City
- Sociedad’s dominance, Inzaghi’s questionable decisions, Martinez comes up clutch – Takeaways from Inter Milan’s draw vs Real Sociedad