Cristiano Ronaldo has been spectacular for Al-Nassr this season, with the forward netting three goals in as many games in the Arab Club Champions Cup.
The Portuguese forward continued his excellent form this weekend as he scored to help his side beat Moroccan outfit Raja CA 3-1 at the Prince Sultan bin Abdul Aziz Stadium.
The victory took Al-Nassr into the semi-final of the annual tournament, where they will face Al-Shorta on Wednesday.
Ronaldo, who started the game alongside new arrivals Sadio Mane, Alex Telles and Marcelo Brozovic, scored in the 19th minute.
He met Talisca’s pass with a powerful strike from outside the box, leaving the goalkeeper with no chance.
The 38-year-old was joined by Mane in performing his signature ‘siu’ celebration.
The Knights of Najd almost put the game beyond their rivals with seven minutes remaining for half-time, with Sultan Al-Ghannam and Seko Fofana earning their names on the scoresheet.
An unfortunate own goal from Abdullah Madu in the 41st minute sparked faint hopes of a comeback from Raja CA, but Al-Nassr held out to seal a comfortable 3-1 win.
Ronaldo has been at the top of his game this season, scoring his first goal of the new campaign against Monastir last week.
The Portugal international followed that up with another crucial strike in the 1-1 draw with Zamalek.
Al-Nassr missed out on the Saudi Pro League title last season, but they will look to clinch the trophy in 2023-24 following an impressive summer transfer window.
- Daniel Levy open to selling Tottenham stake in Tottenham for ‘the right money’
- FIFA Rankings: Argentina retain top spot ahead of France, Brazil & England, Germany continue to fall
- Neil Warnock departs Huddersfield Town after draw with Stoke City
- Sociedad’s dominance, Inzaghi’s questionable decisions, Martinez comes up clutch – Takeaways from Inter Milan’s draw vs Real Sociedad
- Inter Miami star Messi leaves Toronto game with injury