Sheffield United midfielder Sander Berge is at the centre of a transfer tussle, with Burnley emerging as keen suitors for his signature.
The Blades face the daunting task of holding onto the highly sought-after Norwegian midfielder.
According to the Telegraph, there have already been discussions between Burnley and United over the transfer.
Berge has been the subject of persistent transfer speculation for quite some time after attracting interest from various clubs eager to secure his services.
However, he has remained a loyal figure at Bramall Lane but could leave the club this summer after three years of service.
The departure of Iliman Ndiaye to Marseille last week for £16 million has left the Blades devoid of attacking options.
Berge is in the final year of his contract and the lack of progress in negotiations for a new deal only adds to the mounting concerns.
Burnley are ready to make a tempting offer that United will be unable to match.
Burnley are also eyeing a move for Vinicius Souza, who is on the verge of sealing a move to Bramall Lane. However, the deal remains subject to finalisation.
Berge’s potential exit would be a big blow to the Blades’ hopes of staying in the Premier League this season.
The rumoured transfer fee of around £12 million would be bittersweet compensation for such a pivotal figure in the team.
- Harvey Barnes comes off injured in Newcastle’s match against Sheffield United
- Chelsea 0-1 Aston Villa: Player rating as Watkins hands Villains victory over 10-man Blues
- Mitoma scores twice in Brighton’s 3-1 win over Bournemouth
- Harry Kane scores first hat-trick for Bayern Munich in 7-0 victory over Bochum
- Xavi signs one-year contract extension until 2025