The defender will sign for the Premier League club, subject to medicals. If all goes according to plan, he will sign a long-term contract and embark on a thrilling new chapter in his career.
The Dutchman showcased his prowess in the Bundesliga last season, making 33 appearances as Wolfsburg finished eighth.
Van de Ven boasts an impressive 64% duel success rate and records excellent progressive carrying numbers.
Van de Ven is six foot three inches tall and has a commanding presence on the pitch. However, he is surprisingly quick for his size.
During the 2022/23 Bundesliga season, he was named the fastest centre-back in the German top flight. He is a force on the pitch with such speed, strength and skill in his arsenal.
The need for defensive reinforcements at Tottenham is obvious. They conceded 63 goals – one of the worst records in the Premier League.
Van de Ven’s arrival could mark a turning point for the club, fortifying their backline and providing a solid foundation for success.
Tottenham could still add another central defender to their ranks to shore up their defence and are in talks with Bayer Leverkusen’s Edmond Tapsoba.
Van de Ven is Tottenham’s latest summer signing, joining James Maddison, Guglielmo Vicario and Manor Solomon. as new arrivals.
Spurs have also permanently signed Pedro Porro and Dejan Kulusevski following their loan spells at the club.
If he leaves, they will need to dip into the market for a replacement.
- Fulham 0-2 Chelsea: Mudryk & Broja strike to earn Blues their second league win of the season
- Champions League: Laurent Robert wants to see PSG and Newcastle secure last-16 spot
- Liverpool & VAR: The stench of entitlement is off the scale
- Preview: Napoli vs Real Madrid – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Lens vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups