The French winger’s switch comes after PSG activated his release clause worth €50 million.
PSG have scheduled Dembele’s medical tests, and he will sign a contract until June 2028.
This move to the French capital marks a significant shift in the player’s stance, as he previously denied any intention of returning to his homeland.
The 26-year-old joined Barcelona in 2017 in a €105m transfer from Borussia Dortmund.
Despite battling numerous injury setbacks, he has tallied 40 goals and 43 assists during his time at Camp Nou.
Barca believed they had Dembele’s agreement on a contract renewal, but the player’s sudden U-turn has disappointed them.
Head coach Xavi Hernandez is particularly unhappy after playing a pivotal role in the winger’s resurgence following a fallout with the club in January 2022.
Xavi reportedly tried to convince him to stay, drawing parallels to Neymar’s move to PSG, but Dembele has his heart set on a transfer to PSG.
Dembele asserted that his motivation for joining PSG is solely rooted in the sporting project they have in place and refuted the idea that it is financially driven.
Barcelona’s management has already outlined their plans for the funds generated from the sale.
The Blaugrana are eyeing reinforcements at right-back, with Joao Cancelo and Ivan Fresneda on their radar.
- Everton takeover: 777 Partner’s source of funding facing new legal complaint
- Chelsea face competition from Barcelona and Real Madrid for teen stars
- Tottenham’s Manor Solomon facing three months on the sidelines with knee injury
- Charles Ebersol reveals inside story of £40M Chelsea deal with Infinite Athlete
- Morocco, Spain and Portugal to host 2030 FIFA World Cup