However, an unfortunate injury to David Silva – which has forced him to retire – has led them to dip their toes in the market for an attacking midfielder.
Isco was the preferred target before Real Betis snatched him away.
La Real are now looking for alternatives, and De Ketelaere’s name is on their wishlist.
The Belgian youngster failed to live up to his expectations following his €35 million move from Club Brugge last summer.
The 22-year-old looked like a fish out of the water and gradually became a fringe figure under Stefano Pioli.
With De Ketelaere understandably not in Pioli’s plans, the Rossoneri are receptive to selling him this summer.
Despite his poor form, plenty of suitors are keeping tabs on him, including Aston Villa, Leeds United, PSV Eindhoven, Atalanta and Marseille.
Sociedad will have to fork out Milan’s asking price of €28 million, although a loan with a buy-option is a possibility.
However, De Ketelaere is determined to stay at San Siro and fight for his place, which could complicate his exit this summer.
La Real have Manchester United outcast Donny van de Beek on their radar and have initiated talks with the Premier League club over a potential transfer.
They are also close to acquiring the services of RB Leipzig striker Andre Silva, with negotiations at an advanced stage.
- Neil Warnock departs Huddersfield Town after draw with Stoke City
- Sociedad’s dominance, Inzaghi’s questionable decisions, Martinez comes up clutch – Takeaways from Inter Milan’s draw vs Real Sociedad
- Inter Miami star Messi leaves Toronto game with injury
- Bayern Munich 4-3 Man United: Player ratings as struggling Devils fall short in seven-goal thriller
- Bukayo Saka nets on his Champions League debut as Arsenal thrash PSV Eindhoven 4-0