Ramos netted 30 goals across all competitions for club and country last season, including a memorable treble against Switzerland in his first-ever World Cup start at the expense of Cristiano Ronaldo.
Despite having two years left on his deal, the 22-year-old is largely expected to leave Benfica this summer amid links to PSG and Newcastle United.
Manchester United were also previously credited with an interest in Ramos but the Red Devils have since opted in favour of a move to sign Rasmus Hojlund from Atalanta.
Having successfully negotiated personal terms with Ramos, Les Parisiens are now in contact with their Portuguese counterparts as they look to strike a deal.
Benfica are currently holding out for an initial €80 million plus add-ons to part ways with their academy graduate.
While PSG are currently in active negotiations for Ramos, they are also keeping tabs on Eintracht Frankfurt’s Randal Kolo Muani, who is highly regarded at the Parc des Princes.
PSG were keen to land Harry Kane but have now had to turn their attention elsewhere with Kane currently prioritising Bayern Munich.
In a summer which has seen them make eight new signings, the Ligue 1 champions are showing no sign of slowing down as Ousmane Dembele closes in on a switch from Barcelona.
However, PSG’s biggest conundrum of the ongoing window will be resolving the future of Kylian Mbappe, whose time in the French capital looks to be ending.
- Fulham 0-2 Chelsea: Mudryk & Broja strike to earn Blues their second league win of the season
- Champions League: Laurent Robert wants to see PSG and Newcastle secure last-16 spot
- Liverpool & VAR: The stench of entitlement is off the scale
- Preview: Napoli vs Real Madrid – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Lens vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups